Don Lusk - NextLife

After 30 years with the same employer, I have decided to retire.
This Blog will chronical my journey as I make decisions, try new things and live my NextLife!
Please follow along with me...






Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Can't Stop Running

As I arrive at the third week of retirement, I find my life speeding along. While I certainly have more time on my hands, I see much of it going to work on various family needs. Jenny and I are headed to Myrtle Beach next week to visit some family. We will be staying at the resort my father wanted to visit before he passed away last May. It should be a fun trip.

Today I began serving as a co-chair for a United Way allocation commitee. It was the first community meeting I have attended since retirement. It was a bit more difficult to look down at the membership roster and see the word "retired" in the blank where your employer's name would normally go. Introducing myself as retired was also an adjustment. The nice part was that I was able to completely focus on the task at hand and was not distracted by work thoughts, crises and deadlines.


So the adjustment continues! Stay tuned...I am passing plenty of doors I am just not sure which ones will swing open next.







No comments:

Post a Comment